domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2012

The use of drawings in language teaching

 Most of us learn learned to communicate using pictures and other visual aids; and then, as we became older, we began to replace all these pictures by symbols (letters). Adults might feel that a book or a class with pictures and drawings is a children's issue. Nothing could be farther from the truth. As well as children, adults can also learn and consolidate concrete and sometimes abstract concepts with the use of drawings. Why am I focusing on drawings and not photos? Because drawings you make in class are usually simple, whereas the photos have so many details that students easily lose the focus on the objects that are being taught and then is harder to associate the picture with the word. On the other hand, drawings, no matter if they are ugly or strange will stay on students' minds when they try to bring back the word they studied. I believe drawings are a great resource for people of all ages, I have learned a lot with them and I have successfully used them. Students sometimes laugh because they say my drawings are not good, but I know that the word with the picture is going to stick to their minds, and that makes me think that being laughed at was worth it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario