The first time I read about the "Globish" was a couple of years ago in a magazine called Think in English, at that moment I wasn't sure if the author of the article was speaking in a serious way.
Globish is a new term, used to describe a dialect of English that is used by some non-native English speakers around the world. Basically, Globish is a simplified version of what we call English. Globish doesn't follow strictly the grammar conventions used in The US and The UK, which are the two of the countries that have more importance at the moment of learning English.
Globish is the combination of two words: Global + English. It has a reduced number of words compared to the standard English and as I said before, the grammar rules are simpler (or at least that's the idea that the promoters of it are selling).
I wonder what will happen to Globish and what will happen to English, we live in a world that changes so fast, that predictions seem to be a waste of time.
I consider that even though there are people who support this issue of Globish, I'm not so optimistic about it. Languages through history begin simple, and they start getting complicated since we, human beings, never stop creating new devices, discovering new things, coming up with new concepts, so I will just sit and wait for the results of that new and bizarre experiment.
For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globish_%28Nerriere%29
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario